History & Background
Serampore Vivekananda Academy was founded in the year 1985. The Chairman observed that in spite of being one of the oldest Cities in India that is Serampore in Hooghly District and having one of the oldest College (established in the year 1818) there was no CBSE Affiliated School which was the biggest problem of local children and he resolved to perform social work by arranging for the scope of providing education for the under privileged students. Hence, with this elevated thought, in the year 2013, on the occasion of 150th Birth Anniversary of Swami Vivekananda, he established an English medium School in the name of Serampore Vivekananda Academy, which thereafter got affiliation from Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi and is the First CBSE Affiliated school in Serampore, District: Hooghly, West Bengal which aims at bringing about all round holistic development of the child through modernized teaching – learning environment using audio-visual method, and following the latest CBSE Guidelines.
The School Assembly
The school days begin with the assembly of the students and the members of the staff. It is a
part and parcel of the school curriculum.
9.00 am to 3.00 pm.
Children have to be in the school premises by 8.55 am. Children will not be allowed to enter the school
after 9.00 am.
9:10 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. (Administrative Building)
Saturday (12:00 noon to 2:00 p.m.)
Tuesday, Friday (2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.)
Rules of the attendance
- Pupils must be present on the first and last working days before and after vacation/holidays, failing which she/he will face suspension.
- A minimum attendance of 75% in both academic and co-curricular activities/classes in mandatory for promotion to next higher class.
- Punctuality is a habit we wish to inculcate in our children.
- If a student is absent for 1 or 2 days then he/she have to give reason for his absence in his/her diary duly signed by parents/guardian.
|Navy Blue Shorts/Trousers with two side pockets.|
Check Shirts with half sleeves and single pocket without flaps.
White socks with bands.
Tie as directed by the school.
Navy blue turban for Sikh students.
Boys’ Winter Uniform: Navy Blue Full Sleeve Pullover / Blazer.
|Navy Blue Skirt.|
Check shirt with half sleeves.
Black shoe with laces.
White socks with bands.
Tie as directed by the school.
Girls’ Winter Uniform: Navy Blue Full Sleeve Cardigans / Blazer.
All students must be neatly and decently dressed in the prescribed school uniform, with proper haircut,
else students will not be allowed to attend school.
|Name of house||Color of House|
GENERAL RULES FOR THE STUDENTS
- Children’s uniform must be clean and tidy. Shoes should be polished, hair to be neatly combed and nails closely trimmed.
- Students should speak only in English in the School premises. The vernacular may be used during vernacular language classes.
- No student will be allowed to attend class without proper uniform.
- Early departure will not be considered.
- Damage of any kind done to school property, by any student or students, shall have to be repaired either individually or collectively.
- The School is not responsible for loss of books, money and other valuable articles etc. brought by the students to the school.
- They should be very careful about their things.
- Students suffering from contagious and infectious diseases, shall not be permitted to attend the school.
- Costly items, electronic gadgets, mobile phones & any type of Jewellery are strictly prohibited inside the school campus.
- Students should always move in single line while changing rooms and when they go and come back from the play-ground with their groups.
- Attending the School Assembly is compulsory for all students.
- Students must attend the school regularly and punctually.
- Students must be well-behaved and well-disciplined inside and outside the classroom.
- If a student does not mend his/her behaviour continuously, he/she may be suspended / asked to leave the school.
PARENT – SCHOOL RELATIONSHIP
- It is the duty of the Parents to see that their children are punctual & regular to the school, come neatly and tidily dressed to the
school and bring all their necessary books and other requirements every day.
- Parents should carefully go through the school diary daily and sign the remarks if any.
- Parents / Guardians are requested to see that their wards devote sufficient time at home to do the assigned home task.
- The Parents are requested to extend their co-operation in maintaining the school’s discipline and abide by the rules of the
- Owing to economic inflation in the country, the school authority is finding it difficult to make both ends meet. In addition to
that annual staff increment has to be made as usual. Hence fees may be enhanced as and when required.
- Parents are requested not to disturb the teachers or go straight to their classes during school hours. In case of emergency,
they can meet the Principal and obtain permission to meet the teacher.
EXAMINATION AND NORMS
- A student will not be allowed to sit in the examination if he/she has not put in a minimum 75% of total attendance in the academic
session including attendance in previous school if the student has been admitted on transfer as per CBSE bye-laws.
- From the new academic session, the whole curriculum shall be as per the new CBSE curriculum. There shall be 4 Formative
Assessments and 2 Summative Assessments in one academic session.
- Report Cards for Unit Test, Half Yearly Exam and Annual Exam are to be collected by students along with their
Parents/Guardians on the dates specified.
Report Cards will be withheld if fees are not cleared within the specified due date. Fees will not be exempted under
Parents/Guardians who fail to attend the Parent-Teacher Meeting for collection of Report Card, will have to appeal
to the Principal for obtaining the Result. It will be solely the Principal’s discretion to consider such applications.
- Fees required to be paid on or before 15th of every month. A late fine of Rs. 50/- (per month) will be charged if fee is not paid
before 15th of every month.
- All dues must be clear before the two terminal examination failing which students will not be allowed to sit in the examination.
- Before the commencement of final examination, all fees till March should be cleared, failing which students will not be issued
- Report Cards will be withheld if fees are not cleared within the specified due date. Fees will not be exempted under any
RULES OF WITHDRAWAL
- Transfer Certificate Fee is Rs. 500/- only.
- School fees and other dues will be charged up to March for issuing of T.C.
- Transfer certificate will be issued only after application from Parent/ Guardian before date of Publication of Annual Results
and the students must have clearance of Library, Sports item, Labs. etc. After the declaration of result, Session Fee along
with Tuition Fee as applicable will be charged.
- Duplicate T. C. will be issued only when the Principal is satisfied that the original has been lost or damaged. A charge of Rs.
1000/- should be paid for duplicate Transfer Certificate.
- Parents withdrawing their ward from school should apply as such with a prior notice of three months in advance.
- After Admission, if the candidate is withdrawn, before the session is over at the option of the parents, no refund will be
made for fees paid.